Volunteering With Positive Activities
Thousands of people, young and old, have enjoyed the activities and programmes provided by Positive Activities since we began in 2010.
Many of our activities are supported by volunteers as well as appropriately qualified coaches. Sometimes we ‘talent spot’ participants who have that little bit of something special – such as an ability to help people feel at ease and to support and encourage people.
When this happens, we might invite them to join our Positive Activities team as a Peer Mentor or a Volunteer. For some of our mentors and volunteers this is the first step to becoming one of our future fully qualified and accredited coaches.
The contribution of our volunteers to the local community has been amazing. Since 2010 Positive Activities’ Volunteers have contributed around 40,000 hours of support.
There are many reasons to volunteer. Of course we benefit from your time and skills but you get something out of it too! Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents. By volunteering with Positive Activities you can:
- Gain confidence by trying something new and building a sense of achievement.
- Make a difference to your community.
- Meet people and make new friends.
- Be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Learn new skills, gain experience and possibly qualifications.
- Take on a challenge.
- Use experience gained to aid in employment.
- Have fun!