Positive Activities is a registered Charity No 1139403 based in North East Lincolnshire. Since May 2007, the charity and award-winning delivery partners (GHoPA) Get Hooked on Positive Activities have worked extensively across the North East Lincolnshire region in 4 key areas: Education, Health, Community & Business
We have provided quality activities, services and outcomes to schools, colleges, community organisations, health and social care providers and local businesses by delivering creative, sporting and adventurous activities to:
- engage people of all ages.
- enrich people’s lives.
- inspire people to become more active in their community.
What difference have we made?
Since 2007 we have worked with over 15,000 members of the community to establish positive habits and essential skills. We support our volunteers to achieve coaching or youth work qualifications so they develop essential skills and move into employment. We know that we change lives – the positive impact of our work reduces long term costs to society by improving:
Physical Health: – for adults, doing 30 minutes of at least moderate intensity physical activity on at least 5 days a week helps to prevent and manage over 20 chronic conditions, including coronary heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, cancer, obesity, mental health problems and musculoskeletal conditions.
Psychological health: – and general wellbeing: – Participation in physical activity and sport has been shown to be effective for reducing the risk of: depression, emotional disturbance, psychological distress and Alzheimer’s. Evidence also shows that physical activity can enhance psychological well-being, by improving self-perception and self-esteem, mood and sleep quality, and by reducing the significant levels of anxiety and fatigue which are so commonly a trigger for ill health.
Since May 2007, we have engaged with over 15,500 members of the community, representing over 600,000 hours of contact. We work with 25% of local schools & over 20 youth & family support agencies; achieving well over 100,000 positive pre-recorded outcomes. 76% of our participants moved up 3 levels of our engagement and progression matrix, 20% moved up 4 levels with 4% progressed into paid work or volunteering.
The objects of the company are:
- To provide a targeted provision for young people / families and work in partnership with other agencies within the statutory, voluntary and community sector to identify and refer young people who are involved in anti-social behavior, socially excluded, or at risk of offending.
- To engage in any business, trade or industry which may seem to the Company directly or indirectly conducive to the interests or convenience of the Company’s main objects or of the community in the Company’s area of activity generally.
- In carrying out the aforesaid objects the Company shall have regard to the physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing of the community, particularly of those who participate in the activities of the Company.